Subject: Invitation to World Science Forum Budapest, 20-23 November 2024
From: "World Science Forum 2024" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2024 23:05:12 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

  <https://worldscienceforum.org/static/frontend/imgs/level_fejlec_2024.png>

Invitation to World Science Forum 2024

Dear Mr Tiit Riisalo,

It is my pleasure to invite you to the World Science Forum, which we are 
proud to host in Budapest, Hungary from 20 to 23 November 2024.

World Science Forum is a joint effort of the United Nations Educational, 
Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO), the International Science 
Council (ISC), the American Association for the Advancement of Science 
(AAAS), the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP), the World Academy of Sciences 
(TWAS), the European Academies Science Advisory Council (EASAC), the Global 
Young Academy (GYA) and the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA) as the host 
of the 2024 event.

The long-standing partnership of the leading international science 
organisations behind the Forum provides an exclusive platform for a 
productive exchange of ideas among the decision-makers of the world of 
science including policy-makers, high-level representatives of national and 
international science organisations, science-based industries, civil society 
organisations, and the science media, as well as eminent scientists from all 
over the world.

The 2024 edition of the Forum will be convened under the title “The Science 
and Policy Interface at the Time of Global Transformations” with the aim to 
address the major theoretical, practical and institutional challenges that 
prevent the global science–policy–society interface from working at its 
maximum efficiency. The main topic will be discussed under four major 
thematic pillars selected by the WSF Steering Committee to cover the areas 
of Advancing trust in science; Weighing risk in policy-making; Coordination 
and cooperation in science, and to support the multilateral discourse 
seeking to accelerate the implementation of Agenda2030, as well as the 
much-anticipated outcome of the 2024 UN Summit of the Future.

Ministerial-level delegates and policy-experts are especially welcome to 
join ministerial roundtable discussions included in the stream of as many as 
100 lectures in 19 exciting plenary and thematic sessions with the aim to 
overcome the present limits of the wide-scale implementation of 
science-based policy measures on a global level. The timing of WSF in 
November 2024 will coincide with the Hungarian presidency of the Council of 
the European Union, opening up opportunities to exploit the synergies 
produced by the presence of EU representatives in Budapest at the time of 
the conference.

In addition to the plenary and thematic sessions, side events will be 
organised on 19 and 20 November. As a participant you will also be offered a 
rich cultural and social programme to complete the Forum’s formal agenda. 
Please check our website <https://worldscienceforum.org/>  for continuous 
updates and more information on the 2024 agenda.

Please note that participation in the event is by invitation only. There is 
no registration fee, but registration is compulsory and subject to 
availability of places. To register, please click here 
<https://worldscienceforum.org/registration?u=triisalo&p=Id0ooCDD>  to log 
into your personal registration account. Once you have signed in, please 
confirm your acceptance of our invitation and complete the form. Please make 
sure to upload your CV and review your personal data carefully as they will 
be used for the security screening required to grant you the necessary 
security clearance for entering the opening and closing ceremonies.

We look forward to welcoming you in Budapest in November.

Should you require any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to 
contact the WSF Secretariat at [email-masked].

On behalf of the WSF2024 Steering Committee,

World Science Forum Secretariat
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

  <https://worldscienceforum.org/static/frontend/imgs/level_lablec_2024.png>